Friday, May 17, 2019

Post Production Process

I assembled a rough cut of the film in Premier Pro over the course of shooting.  This was to give me an impression of what the final film would be.  More complex shots, such as the fire breathing and juggling, were imported into After Effects for the intricate editing process.


The fire breathing effect was achieved by overlaying a fire blast effect over the footage.  This effect was available for free from ActionVFX.com.  I tweaked the footage to appear more integrated in the scene.  I added a few final additions, such as the flame effect on the torch and rendered out the shot to finish.

For the juggling shot, I composited out the rigging in every frame of footage.  This was done in After Effects.  While shooting this shot I ensured to take a few frames with the characters out of the frame.  This gave me a base plate which I overlayed the juggling footage over the top with the rigging masked out.


I put together an end credit sequence in Photoshop.  I used various medieval fonts found online as well as a high-res parchment image for the backdrop.  The black and red text reinforce the olde-worlde aesthetic but also conveniently matched the colours of the Staffordshire University logo on the final title.


I finally edited all the completed shots in Premier Pro and included the soundtrack and sound effects (As detailed earlier).


No comments:

Post a Comment