Sunday, May 12, 2019

Sound Design/Soundtrack

In November I enlisted the help of a music tech student to provide me with a sound design for the project. Unfortunately this individual did not deliver on the work required.  I ultimately used free sound effects and music found on online, from sites such as; freesound and bbcsfx.  I considered hiring someone to provide me with a soundtrack but I was unable to find anyone affordable enough to provide the authentic medieval music required for the film.  In the end, I used a medieval festival soundtrack found on youtube with the permission of the artist.  Once the film is completed and possibly put out on the animation festival circuit, I may decide to invest hiring a musician to provide the soundtrack.

I also enlisted two voice artists to provide the voices of the Mother and Son characters.  I found these women on Fivver.com and within a few days of communication, received the final audio files.  Although I considered bringing on a child to perform as the St George character, I couldn't find anyone suitable for the part and went for an adult voice actress instead.  Animated television shows frequently use female voices to voice younger male characters so I was not under the impression that I was doing anything out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment