Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Head Armatures/Resculpting

I produced an internal wire pulling mechanism on the Princess’s armature head.  (See above) This was designed to pull the lips up in a smile – similar to the character of the Corpse Bride in the film... erm... Corpse Bride.  The mechanism is constructed from a guitar tuner and thin fishing wire.  The armature head pictured here, as well as those for the other puppets, would have to be scrapped as the silicone faces did not provide the effect I desired when I tested them under the camera.  



In the end, I decided to capitalize on my acrylic painting skills and quickly re-sculpt the faces in grey supersculpey.  After taking them out of the oven, I found that some cracks and imperfections had developed.  These were filled up in miliput and lightly filed over to smooth the faces over.

No comments:

Post a Comment